As we work to contain the spread of this pandemic, employees everywhere are being asked to work from home. In some instances, it’s by employers and for others, such as those of us in The Bay Area, by our local government. This past week, we received notice that from Tuesday night at midnight until at least April 7th we are required to “shelter in place,” to hopefully curb the coronavirus spreading rapidly through our region.
I keep reading online that this is a “government implemented staycation.” However, it’s not. We still have deadlines, quotas and budgets to make. With so many distractions, between kids, pets and our streaming services we have to stay motivated!
Here are a few tips for you, as an employee, to stay motivated while working from home:
- Wake up early. Keeping a routine and continuing to get up early, as you would if you had to go into the office, encourages productivity.
- Create a workspace. Since you will be working from home for the foreseeable future, pick a space where you can come back to everyday.
- Follow your work schedule. Sticking to your normal workday routine or schedule can help to put you in a business mindset. Lay out your daily and weekly businesses objectives and stick to them! Avoid rolling over unfinished tasks to the next day or week.
- Minimize distractions. If it’s not just you in your home or apartment, be sure you set up your workspace where you won’t be distracted by the television, music, numerous interruptions, etc.
- End your day at your normal time. One danger of working remotely is overworking. Don’t get burned out!
Another tip I keep coming across is, “Use productivity software.” When you read this, I’m sure Slack, Dropbox and Asana are top of mind, but another should be Qotient!
This past week we have been extremely busy helping our vendors to get set up on and deploy our remote engagement platform throughout their channel sales. Our software gives vendors the capability to reach partners, capture mindshare and ensure that they are building pipeline. While at the same time, it gives sales partners the ability to have stronger sales conversations and stay motivated through rewards and recognition.
We would love the opportunity to discuss our engagement platform and the 5 easy steps it takes to deploy it. Contact our team for more information or sign up for a demo.